PV202 Spitfire T Mk IX as IAC-161 of the Irish Air Corp
Related Notes by Caz
PV202 was originally built as a Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX, but after being sold to the Irish Air Corp in the 1950's it was to a 2 seater T Mk IX, becoming IAC-161.
When Historic Flying Ltd began restoring PV202 during 2002, they made the decision to paint in in 1950's Irish Air Corps colours as IAC-161 to be used for training purposes at Duxford.
The first post-restoration flight at Duxford was on 13th January 2005 and the above photograph was taken at Biggin Hill on 3rd September 2005. The Aircraft remained in this scheme until 2007, when as the next picture shows it abandoned it's Irish identity and joined the Royal Netherlands Air Force as H98.
For a detailed history see:
Spitfire T Mk IX PV202/IAC 161 - City of St Albans Spitfire Squadron Page