XB284 Beverley C1 of 47 Squadron RAF at Abingdon on 11th July 1964
Picture Notes & Links
XB284 first flight was on 7th May 1956 then issued to 47 squadron, becoming part of the shared Fleet of the Abingdon Wing in 1958.
After modifications at Blackburn's it was loaned A&AEE in November 1959, then returned to Abingdon the following February. During its tenure with the Abingdon Wing, it returned to Blackburn's several times, then eventually moved back to A&AEE in 1962 for examining the extractor parachute hang-up problem following the accident of XB289.
After modifications at Hawarden it found itself back with 47 squadron, but moved on to 84 squadron in July 1967. It was declared NEA [non effective airframe] in September 1967 an sold as scrap to Bushells in January 1969.
For more information See: Beverley Main Album Notes:
47 Squadron Abingdon Wing A&AEE 84 Squadron Mass Scrapping..
For more information onThe Blackburn Beverley See: Beverley Main Album Notes:
The Blackburn B-101 Beverley
Other sites on the Web of interest:
47 Squadron - MoD Site RAF 47 Squadron - Special Forces Flight RAF 47 Squadron - Wikipedia Entry
RAF 84 Squadron - MoD Site RAF 84 Squadron - Wikipedia Entry
Aeroplane and Armament Experimental Establishment (A&AEE) - Wikipedia
The Beverley Association and Blackburn Beverley - Wikipedia Entry